Fully-Equipped 2 Bedroom Mews Apartment, Sleeps 6
Stoney Steps is a first floor holiday apartment, situated in a mews style building within the grounds of the Inn on the Lake Hotel, at Glenridding on Ullswater, Cumbria. The building used to contain services for the original Victorian Hotel and in its time has been used as a cafe, gallery, and workshop. Its appearance is in keeping with the surrounding buildings being built of local stone with a slate roof. Access to the apartment is via a short flight of stone steps located opposite to The Ramblers Bar and Candle Room.
About the accommodation:
- Stoney Steps has two bedrooms; a double bedroom and a family room with double bed and an adult sized bunk beds
- There is a well equipped kitchen with hob, oven, microwave, kettle and toaster. For a complete kitchen Inventory please click here.
- The main living area incorporates the lounge and dining with, table and chairs for 6, three piece suite, coffee table and television cabinet
- Well equipped modern bathroom with electric and gravity shower units over the bath, a sink and a WC
- Thermostat controlled centrally heating
- Double glazing throughout
- LCD flat screen television with integrated DVD player, a FreeSat box and a Chromecast device
- Games, books, maps and information sheets are provided
- Locally Inspected by Quality Cumbria (Link to Quality Cumbria certificate here)
Some important points about the apartment
- The apartment is not suitable for wheelchair users or those with difficulty walking up steps, as it is on the first floor and has no lift. View Access Statement here.
- Guests are required to provide their own bed linen and towels. Pillows, duvet covers and spare blankets are provided. In exceptional situations, for example when a guest is from overseas, we can provide bed linen and towels, however there is an additional charge.
- Free unlimited WiFi
- Landline phones in living Room and double Bedroom
- Well behaved dogs are permitted provided this has been agreed in advance
- To preserve the carpets we request that guests leave their outdoor shoes in the entrance hall and bring indoor footwear. A shoe and boot-rack is provided
About the Owners
The flat has been owned by the Thompson family since 1976, when it was bought by Basil and Rachel as a base for walking and sailing in the area. They, and their sons and grandchildren, have been holidaying in the flat regularly ever since and it enjoys a special place in our hearts. It is currently owned by the four brothers and managed by the oldest brother, Paul.
Check our Availability page to see if your preferred dates are available, or get in touch to enquire.